Sunday, November 18, 2007

Driving Miss Daisy

So in the last few days I have seen some pretty funny stuff while driving around town.

The other day I was coming home from Starbucks and was so tired that I don't remember ANYTHING from the drive home except for this lady behind me. I thought she was having convulsions but no no no she was just "feelin' " whatever song was on the radio. I could not stop laughing. I am sure that people were looking at me like I was just as much of a loser as the chick driving behind me. But seriously it was SO SO funny.

Tonight I had to go to Fred Meyer to pick up groceries to make my salad for the Young Life Turkey Day dinner (and thanks to the awesome salad dressing idea I got from Peggy Camp...thanks by the way...I will have the best and maybe only salad in the joint). On the way home I was driving behind this guy that had a 30 inch flat screen with a S-N-Double O-P D-O-Double G video complete with dancing girls. It took me about a half mile of trying to catch up to this yahoo to figure out what was playing. It was totally distracting. Just like that huge flashing billboard on I-5...I hate that thing. I almost didn't stop at the light when the car kept going.

So if you ever drive past me and I look like a goober or you are distracted by something in my car (or just my good looks)...know that you should call me and tell me to stop perplexing your driving skills.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey you! I love watching those people that are WAY too into their music - it cracks me up too. Just think of it as free entertainment I suppose! So which salad did you make for the dinner? (I think I tried a little of EVERYTHING! - ugg - I was so full last night that I had to take my pumpkin pie home...which made for a tasty lunch today, I might add!)

Christina Johnson said...

I just read your Jet City Improv post... That was were Ben and I had our first date, we LOVE that place! We'll all have to go up one night!