Saturday, December 1, 2007

Are you serious?

Ok I just got done working at Starbucks...lets just get one thing straight

Be nice to the Baristas when you go through the drive thru. Just because you are too lazy to get out of your car and use your legs. I have just a teency bit of understanding for those with children in the car. But everyone else...it's probably faster to go inside anyways.

We DTO's (aka the people who try to take your order) have SO much to do. So it is imperitive that you know what you want and would it be too much to ask that you order slowly so the new people can put the right drink and modifiers into the computer. Oh and when they repeat the order back to you actually listen just so we didn't get anything wrong.

And if we do get something wrong I personally am sorry that we messed up. But getting angry only makes those with the aprons on frustrated. It slows things down and the people behind you get frustrated at us...

So what I am trying to say is that if you don't have "time" to sit in the line or don't appreciate the people who serve you the much needed "caffeine" fix...then don't bother coming in until you change your attitude. Oh and I am sorry if I have offended anyone I am just tired of the jerks that come through the drive thru on their cell phone and don't give us the time of day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Alicia! Working with the public is one of the hardest jobs. I hope that some of your regular customers who are nice will make up some for those who aren't.

A customer who always tries to be nice to my baristas! Some times I talk to much with my barista's and tick the people in line behind me off. I'll try to be more careful of that too. :)

Alicia said...

I know that you are a great customer...you go inside and holding up the inside isn't half as bad because they actually see what you are doing and they have the opportunity to leave the line...you know?

J Yo said...

you go, girl...way to say it! the funniest part of this post is that I could actually hear you saying this as I was reading it! :)