Sunday, August 19, 2007

P-Town

So last night I went to Portland to visit some of my friends that I met while I was on Summer Staff. Let me just start with I am so in love with Portland...it's like Seattle but way better!

Anyways I met up with one of my girlfriends Katie Ann and we walked all around P-Town and went to dinner at this awesome hole in the wall place. I ate homemade maccaroni...the BEST I Maccaroni I have ever had! She also gave me a tour of downtown and we went to some really cute boutiques.

Then we met up with some more friends from Summer Staff and had a blast hanging out with them. Finally we went to sleep after a long evening of jam-packed fun. I woke up and started my drive home. About half way home I see this truck pull along my left side and I thought to myself wow that looks a lot like Todd's truck. Oh and they are pulling a boat behind them...didn't Todd and my Dad drive down to California to get a boat? hmmm.

It sped past me and I look on the back of the truck and sure enough there was a Young Life sticker on the back window...I called my dad and told him to look in the mirror. They had NO idea that I was behind them. Shows how much they pay attention!

I am back at home and sad to leave my friends but I am looking forward to my next visit down there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had dinner with your mom and dad. He was telling us about that. What a fun story.
Love you,
Aunt Stacy

cacfus said...

Hey! I have been to that same place and had mac and cheese. It is really popular even though you have to sit next to strangers and their menu is really simple and cheap! Good times.

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder that we didn't see you...that was about hour 28 since we left...24 hours of driving...we weren't seeing much of anything by then!