Monday, August 27, 2007

A day in the life of a nanny...

So let me run though a typical day when I am with Luke...

7:45 am I get in my car and drive to Burien

7:55 am I stop at Starbucks because I am addicted and it's really sad

8:30 am I arrive at the Logan's house to begin the day with Luke

8:35 - 11:30 am We play in the "big room", find bugs, play in the sandbox, watch garbage trucks go by, change a few diapers, draw airplanes with very washable markers

11:30 am We have lunch consisting of tomatoes, string cheese, avacado, PB and J sandwich or chicken nuggets, and some cinnamon cookies to finish up the meal

12:00 - 12:30 pm We play some more and launch some nerf rockets on the deck

12:30 pm We read a few books, sing a song, I swaddle him and zip up his "tent" so he doesn't climb out of his crib and I say goodnight for the next 2 hours

12:30 - 2:30 pm Luke sleeps while I read a book or read my bible or go on the internet or sleep...and eat some lunch myself

2:30 - 4:30 pm We play some more and maybe watch a "moo" (movie), stack dice, find some more bugs, mow the lawn, saw some things, blow some bubbles, and play with some finger puppets

4:30 pm Luke and Amy wave bye to me while I drive away

4:30 - 5:15 pm I get to listen to my music and sing my heart out while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic

I love my new job. Seriously I could not ask for a better family to serve. I can('t) wait to be a mom someday...

4 comments:

Kara said...

Why wait to be a mom?

J/K

Alicia said...

I would hope so...

J Yo said...

I'm sitting on the couch listening to Hailey SCREAM herself to sleep...wait as long as you can to become a mom...it's hard! :)

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Kara to take a sweet little post and turn it into something dir-tay (pronounced like the Christina Aguilera song). ;)

Jess, thanks for the heads up!