Friday, August 31, 2007

Golf Carts and Anne with an E

So I had Thursday off and I spent the day at the YL golf tourney. I helped Anne with registration and got to hang with her ALL day long. It was an adventure! We had time when registration was over to drive around the course. We thought that the drive would take all of a half hour. Yeah right...we got lost. So to begin our adventure we looked at the map that is the size of a wheat thin and has one street marking (320th, like I can't figure that out).

We decide to go under the tunnel and we go past a few golfers. We end up in the middle of a neighborhood. So we drive down the street and naturally when we turn the corner Anne tries to switch the blinker on...P.S. there aren't blinkers on golf carts. So after turning around and driving the wrong way about three times (which included passing the same golfers each time)...we decided to call Sean who gave us the wrong directions.

By this time we felt like total idiots and we look like we are stalking Jenny's brothers and their friends. So we hung back and waited behind some golfers. We figured out where to turn and a half hour adventure turned into almost an hour and a half. Anne and I had SO much fun and we had a lot of "important" conversation topics (we talked about boys most of the time). But really I enjoyed getting lost. Although after driving a golf cart for so long and then getting in my car felt really big...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alicia! You make me laugh! (You too, Anne!)

Alicia said...

Good I am so glad I can be your entertainment! But really you should have seen us go back and forth waving to the SAME 8 golfers...We felt really dumb. oh well we got a goof laugh out of it!

Anonymous said...

i love that this made the blog! i feel rather special...while we were in the golf cart i felt special ed. so, as you can see, the two sets of feelings are somewhat connected.

thanks so much for hanging out with me yesterday. i had a ton of fun out there on the course. oh, and i must say, you are quite the driver...and you said you weren't going to drive! ;)

love you!

Alicia said...

Ok so since you made the blog you now have to start one...just so you know...and really we need to go see Hairspray when I get back from Portland/Vancouver/all over Oregon k?

Anonymous said...

any excuse to see it again! give me a call when you're home! i'll think about the blog-thing. ;)