Thursday, March 29, 2007

The tortoise and the hare

Seeing that my oldest sister is deathly allergic to most animals, I grew up with no pets in the house (if you don't include the countless goldfish that died only hours after the trip home from the pet store). So when I started college I wanted a little friend to bring home.


I took a trip to the pet store and fell in love with a very cute tortoise. Naturally I had to take him home with me. It was great to have rex, at least for the first little bit. Eventually things got crazy at work etc...needless to say I was neglecting my little Rexy.


So it came to the point when I figured that my cousin Jonathan would probably enjoy him more than I would. Yesterday I traveled far to the little town of Orting and delivered the little bugger to the cousins.


All in all it was a good year with Rex but all good things must come to an end right?


So goodbye Rex...I will always remember our walks in the grass on a sunny day, the moments in front of the fire , and late night and early morning chats


No comments: