Saturday, March 31, 2007

Love is in the air...or the water?

Warning...if you are grossed out by Public Displays of Affection then you may want to ignore this post...

I walked into work today and looked over to one of the "comfy" chairs and was appalled at what I saw...a boy and girl who looked no older than 15 were making out. I had to do a double take and I was disgusted even more the second time. I went up to the counter to my co-workers and mentioned loudly that this couple was making quite the scene. No one has bothered to notice the two kids and their lip-lock session. Sidenote: It was like 10 minutes and they didn't even take a breath. How is that possible? Anyways everyone in the lobby was extremely uncomfortable and I glanced and saw an older couple and they were looking at each other like what are we supposed to do? We tried to turn the music up to give them the hint and after a few of us laughing histerically and practically yelling from the other side of the store that making out in public is totally gross, they finally left. I went and apologized to the people in the lobby and almost all of them started laughing.

After that fiasco the theme continued throughout the evening when two other couples (much older mind you) did almost the same thing. Only they were at the counter paying for their drinks and I happened to interrupt them by giving them their change...I said I was sorry and walked to the back and started to laugh.

Needless to say the evening was filled with laughter...oh and a little justice was served as well. A gentlemen was driving through the Walgreens pharmacy and a cop pulled up and blocked him from driving through. None of us know the real story but we watched him get arrested and shipped off to the slammer.

I am glad I work where I do...if not for the free coffee it's worth the drama besides