Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome back.

I have decided I am done with my hi-tech hiatus. This story alone is worth it.

I am at work and helping an older gentlemen with the copy machine. It's been a while since I have seen him and after he is done with his project we started to chat.

After a quick minute he asks me, "So are you excited?" To which I replied, "About??"

He then says to me, "Well, when are you due?" After I picked my jaw up from the floor I stated, "WHAT?!"

This poor guy...he is just trying to start a conversation and it BOMBED on him. He was a little frazzled and began to apologize and wouldn't look me in the eye. I told him it's ok and it was probably the style of shirt (it does look a little 'maternity')...but really I don't think I look that overweight. Do I??

I think that when I get home...I will either burn this shirt or put it away until I am pregnant.

Who doesn't love awkward moments.

7 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Oh no! That poor man will never start up another conversation again! Welcome back!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

So Sorry! Really glad that you're back! I've missed you!

christy said...

Is it that shirt I wore when I was prego? It does give a little "bubble" effect. :)

Alicia said...

It was that shirt...

Still awkward
Still laughing

Stacy K said...

You are too cute!

PASTIECHEF said...

Everytime I wear the baby doll style shirt I always think the same thing...people are going to think I'm knocked up! But in my case I am overweight!

Anonymous said...

Mwhah ha ha ha! That is horribly awkward! And VERY funny!

Becky