Monday, March 2, 2009

Whoa there...

This week has been interesting. I sometimes feel like I am just going through the motions of life and leaving thoughts and progress behind. It's as if I am an onlooker of my actions.



I wish that I could rewind the last week and relive it. I might have done things differently. My actions would have been different. There would have been grace and understanding. I would not have yelled at the ridiculous drivers on the road back and forth from the island. I might not have gotten frustrated at my mom when she woke me up for church. I could have not gotten irritated when I was misunderstood. I probably should not have been so quick to peg certain people with certain stereotypes.

Instead of thinking back on the things I wish I could do differently...I choose to live and love this week in a way that exemplifies Christ. This life is just a passing onto an eternal life that we are mentally uncapable of grasping.

I choose to live my life in a way that glorifies Christ.

I will live my life in light of the cross.

2 comments:

christy said...

Aren't you thankful we serve a God who isn't afraid to point out our sinful behavior to us? He does this to me all the time. It is like a light bulb comes on and shows me how I really treat others and act. I am so thankful for forgiveness. Tomorrow is new! Thank Jesus. Literally. :)

Stacy K said...

I am sure that wasn't you but your evil twin sister. Mine does that to me all the time.:)