Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An absolutely glorious Tuesday

Tuesday is essentially my only real day off. So I like to sleep in and lounge around the house. So yesterday I did just that...slept in until about 11:00 am. After I woke up I had to use the ladies room. So I preceeded to walk into the hallway when all of a sudden our house alarm went off.

Pause here and let me explain to you how abnoxious this alarm real is...you might recall the noise that Jim Carrey makes in the well known flick "Dumb and Dumber". He calls it the "most annoying sound in the world" and yes it is just that. Ok so you have that sound in your head...multiply that by oh say a trillion and you have the noise that was completely surrounding me on this lovely Tuesday morning.

So it takes me about 5 seconds to figure out what the heck is going on and about 2 seconds to dash to the alarm pad and turn the dumb thing off. After which I am shaking like a leaf from sheer terror.

The security company called and made sure everything was ok and the guy on the phone didn't think it was funny that someone left the alarm on with someone in the house...I thought it was (well after my heart wasn't beating out of my chest) I am just glad that I didn't go "potty" (as Luke says) in the hallway.

Oh and on a lighter note Jess and I went to a kickboxing class last night and it was awesome!
Except that it kicked our butts instead of us kicking boxes...

No comments: