Thursday, August 4, 2011

because you can't have more than 1,000 characters on a facebook wall post.




dear mom. i know i didn't actually get to talk to you ON your birthday BUT i hope you loved the song on your voicemail.

just thought you should know that i love you.

you tell me all the time that i won't know a mother's love until i have children of my own...but i'm pretty sure that you have taught me what it means to be a mother.

you are humble, self-sacrificing and most of all compassionate.

you give wise counsel to me when i ask and even when i don't.
you shower me with gifts and letters (and somehow they are at the PERFECT moment).
you don't take me seriously.
you love me even when i don't take myself seriously.
you have a mother's intuition and take pity on me when i don't see the train wreck that is up ahead.
you give until there is nothing left. and then you give some more.
you are a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a grandmother and most of all a woman who fervently and passionately seeks after the Lord.

know that you mean more to me than i could ever express and if i become half the woman you are...well, what more could a girl ask for then to become just like her mother. :)

happy birthday.
loves.

No comments: