Saturday, December 5, 2009

Patience. Grace. Bah Humbug.

You know those few people that just get under your skin? When they walk in the room and immediately you just want to kick them in the shins? They haven't done anything wrong, per say, but they just rub you the wrong way.

Lately, I have been face to face with those individuals more than usual. It's like they have planted some device that tracks my whereabouts and knows my every move. They find me in the most inopportune moments. Like, when I am about to head out to lunch or right after my boss asks me to take care of a big project that needed to be done 20 minutes ago. Or when I am wanting some peace and quiet. They would never know it, as I try my hardest to not give off a negative vibe, but I would, literally, rather be anywhere else than in that very situation.

The worst part is that deep down, I want to help them figure out a solution to their problem. It just seems that there is some barrier that prevents me from letting that part through. Knowing that the "barrier" is my own sin and imperfection, I still find it hard to serve those certain folk.

Would you pray with me? That I may exude patience and grace to the people that I am deliberately choosing to deny the same things my Savior has so wonderfully blessed me with.

It's hard to admit when you are wrong. It's even harder, once you have admitted that, to then live it out in your daily life.

The Lord has done and will continue to do a good work in my heart and soul.

These will be the verses that I run to when selfishness, impatience and outright annoyance fill my heart:

*Hebrews 6:12b Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

*1 Timothy 1:16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

*John 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

*Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

2 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Thanks for the great reminders Alicia! I will be reminding myself with those verses this week.

Stacy K said...

I will pray. You are not alone in this. We all suffer from it and God will help us. love you!