Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tragedy...

A few weeks ago my best friend Jaclyn got news that an old friend (who is the same age as we are) got into a horrible car accident and wasn't expected to live. Whitney (the girl that got into the accident) was the only one of the several people in the accident that was injured.

She had a broken pelvis, shattered skull, broken eyesocket, collapsed lung, damaged spleen, missing finger, glass in her face, and that is just the beginning. She was in a coma and the doctors decided to keep her there so that she would be in less pain for all the surgeries they were about to perform on her.

A few days ago she was expected to recover 100%. Things were hopeful for Whitney and her family. Until she got a staff infection. Whitney took a turn for the worse and I found out today from Jaclyn that she went home to be with Jesus.

This brings so many mixed feelings...it's too close to home and I know that their family needs prayer. That is the best thing to do in light of what we know about prayer...it's so powerful.

1 comment:

J Yo said...

This story is WAY too close to home for me, Alicia...I can't imagine losing you with such a full life ahead of you. I'll pray for this family (who happen to be my neighbors) and please let me know if there's anything we can do for them.