Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Auntie Sheeshe: Episode dos (that's 2 in spanish)

At 2:13 this morning, when I was fast asleep, my mother poked at me until I opened my eyes. In a flurry she explained to me that Christy was at the hospital and probably going to have baby Camp sometime this morning. Knowing that I was not supposed to go to work until 8:30 I shut my eyes once again in hopes of not waking up until there was more news...7:15 rolled around and I had practically thrown my alarm clock across the room wishing it would push snooze on it's own. I got THE call, baby Camp was on his way. WOOHOO

I called my boss to see if we could switch things around thinking that I would just get the morning off and without any hesitation she let me have the entire day with my family! How awesome is that...

I got the hospital around 8:20 and little man Camp was born at about 7:51 AM. He is a long fella about 20 and 1/2 inches long and weighs about 7 lbs. 15 oz. Oh and fun fact...today is my half birthday! So my little nephew is exactly 20 and 1/2 years younger than I am!

Unfortunately the little man doesn't have a name yet but that is ok I love him even more than I thought that I would. He is absolutely perfect...no funny spots or blemishes...his nose is adorable and his eyes are gorgeous...in my opinion he is going to be a heart breaker in a few years.

Christy is doing well and looks amazing. (like always!) Chris is a natural...watching him give his son a bath was a privilege. They are going to be wonderful parents and I am very excited to see how they do at home with their little guy...

All in all today has been an adventure and it's only noon! God has been so good to our family this year. Oh and to see pictures of my very cute nephew go to the Camps blog...

2 comments:

anne said...

Hooray, I'm so glad he's finally here! I've only seen pictures and he's absolutely adorable...apparently he's even cuter in person! :)

On a totally unrelated note, guess what's playing at the $2 theater? Looks like we might have to schedule a little meeting of sorts!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Alicia. I check you blog almost daily. It's time for a new post! I know there's lots going on in your life!