Friday, May 15, 2009

scrupulous. enough said.

Lately I have been constantly on the go. You know when you just can't say no to anything because you would rather be exhausted than miss out on the fellowship of others. With all the hustle and bustle of normal life I have left one person in the dust.

Jesus.


To be quite frank, He should be the first person I talk to in the morning and the last person I talk to at night...

It's not that I do it on purpose but it becomes an out of sight, out of mind type of thing. Again, that is no excuse but it has me thinking...if I can get up for my Young Life girls at 6:30 in the morning (which doesn't happen often but is completely possible), why can't I get up to meet my Savior?

He is the one who gave me life and now my life should be consumed with praising Him!

For instance, this morning was one of the mornings that I attended Bible study with our YL Campaigner girls. It was great. My heart feels a little bit fuller since my day began in the Word.

And I will be honest, mornings are not gracious to me or my hair for that matter...I hit the snooze about 5 or 6 times. All because I am too selfish to get myself out of bed and meet my Lord.

This morning Jenny talked about the verse in Luke where Jesus says, "If they (the disciples) keep quiet, the stones will cry out." In the Message it says, “But he said, ‘If they (the disciples) kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise.’”

WHOA. Talk about wake up call. I have been chewing on that all day and have come to the realization that I have been pursuing so many other friendships and relationships that I have left my relationship with my personal Lord and Savior to shrink and wither away.

Here begins the change. Now. RIGHT now. I choose to not be content with just listening to the Word…but rather knowing my Savior in a way that I can call Him my best friend.


In other news…my dear friend Jaclyn has started a blog.

1 comment:

J Yo said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, Sheesh...I can relate oh, so well... :)